Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tic Tac First Aid Kit

At the time I was making this, mini first aid kits seemed to be all the rage on the internet. I never got around to making a post from my project, though, so I appear to have missed my chance to go viral with everyone else. Oh, well.



OK. So this starts with my genius idea: straws with stuff in them.

More specifically, straws with ointments and etc in them, like Hydrocortisone cream and Triamcinolone.
So, following the last two pics, I measured out a section of straw to fit the tic-tac container, then squeezed the end with a pair of pliers, then used a pair of pliers to melt the end, which is what you see here.
As you can see, the straw section fits in there.

In order to fill these things, I had to put a bit in, squish it to the end, and repeat. it took longer than you'd believe, and was kinda messy, too.

Regardless, this is what melting the other end looked like. Not as pretty, due to not being able to grab it as well when it was full.
As you can see, definitely not as pretty. But don't cut off those drips, or your thing will leak.
This is how it fits.
I also made a straw with mini pills in it. Remember to label or color coordinate your kits. I used a skinny Sharpie to label mine.
And there it's sitting, waiting for buddies.

So, I made it a bunch, then rounded out the kit with about 6 band-aids, 4 alcohol swabs and tubes of bacitracin, hydrocortisone and triamcinolone. All the basics.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment